GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) The weekend of February 7 to 9 is “National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend”! It’s your last weekend to place an order for what many consider to be the best cookies around. Monday is the big deadline.
We know the cookies are delicious on their own, but as some Girl Scouts demonstrate, they can be made into some delicious desserts!
Peanut Butter Patties Girl Scout Cookie Cupcakes
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 1 box Tagalong Girl Scout Cookies
Preheat oven to 350. Place liners in a cupcake pan. Make up the cake mix according to the directions on the box. Put about 2 Tbsp of cake batter into the liner, then set in one cookie on top. Finish off each cupcake with the rest of the batter. Fill it at least 3/4 of the way full. Bake 22-24 minutes. Let cool and then frost with Honey Peanut Butter Frosting, add sprinkles and eat!
Honey Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
Cream butter and peanut butter. Add the water, salt, and vanilla and cream again. Slowly add the powdered sugar until desired thickness. After all the sugar is added, beat in another 1-2 Tbsp water (optional). Then beat in the honey until creamy.
- 2 packages (3 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 15 drops green food coloring
- 24 Thin Mints Girl Scout cookies, divided
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in milk until smooth. Beat in the food coloring. Coarsely crush 16 cookies; stir into the cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into the crust. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with remaining cookies.
Tagalong Bread & Peanut Butter Spread
Ingredients for the Bread:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup Tagalong Girl Scout cookies, crushed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 egg
Ingredients for the Peanut Butter Spread:
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Instructions for the Bread:
- Whisk together dry ingredients, reserving a heaping tablespoon in a zip top bag.
- Whisk in the wet ingredients. When you can no longer use a whisk, switch to a sturdy rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Try not to over mix.
- Add the crushed cookies and chocolate chips to the zip top bag with the dry ingredients. Shake to coat cookies and chocolate chips (this helps keep them from sinking to the bottom of the batter).
- Fold cookies and chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour into two greased and parchment lined standard size loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Instructions for the Peanut Butter Spread:
- In a stand mixer, whisk together the peanut butter and cream cheese.
- Gradually whisk in the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla– adding alternately until smooth.
Savannah Smiles Zesty Lemon Streusel Bars
- 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp.) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 package (about 14) Savannah Smiles Girl Scout cookies, crushed
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- 1 large package (4.3 oz.) lemon cook and serve pudding and pie filling
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
Cream together all 4 crust ingredients with an electric mixer until it forms into dough. Spread the crust dough evenly into a 9×9 pan. Bake crust for 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven. While crust is baking, prepare the filling by combining all filling ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes. Remove crust from oven and immediately pour filling on top of hot crust. Sprinkle the cookie crumbs evenly over the filing. Continue baking the bars for 20 -25 minutes in a 350 degree oven until set. Remove bars from oven and cool. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.