KALAMAZOO, Mich. (WOOD) — A gas leak resulted in a brief evacuation on Western Michigan University’s campus in Kalamazoo Monday morning.
It happened around 8:30 a.m. at Moore Hall, which contains mostly offices.
Twenty people were evacuated to nearby Waldo Library.
A Consumers Energy crew repaired the broken, 2-inch gas line.
The evacuation, which lasted for about an hour, was lifted around 9:15 a.m.
Morning classes at Moore Hall were canceled. Classes starting after 12 p.m. were still scheduled.