PORTAGE, Mich. (WOOD) – A supermarket chain is having a job fair Monday, in anticipation of a new store opening this summer in Portage.
The event is open to the public until 6 p.m. at the Career Quest Learning Center, 5115 Portage Road in Portage.
Available positions and pay rates:
- Store associates – $10.50 per hour
- Shift managers – $15.25 per hour
- Manager trainees – $22.00 per hour
- Must be 18 years or older to apply
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be available to work anytime between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m., Monday to Sunday
- Retail experience is preferred
- Management experience is preferred for manager trainees
- Drug screening and background check
- Ability to lift 45 pounds
“ALDI offers employees generous compensation that is considered well above the industry standard,” according to a news release, including full health insurance, dental coverage and 401K for staff working at least 20 hours a week.