WYOMING, Mich. (WOOD) — Police say they have ruled out foul play in a Sunday death at a Wyoming motel.
Around 1:45 p.m., 44-year-old Michael David Budde was found dead in a room at the Grand Rapids Inn on 28th Street, east of US-131.
There was no immediate evidence of foul play, Wyoming police said, but they initially called the death suspicious and were conducting a thorough investigation to learn what happened. They were reviewing surveillance footage to see if it provided clues.
A Monday autopsy revealed no injuries that would have contributed to Budde’s death, according to Wyoming police. Toxicology results are still pending.
A couple who has been staying in a room next door to the man who died said he kept to himself and that they never saw him have any visitors.
“We heard nothing. It’s been very quiet. He was a very quiet gentleman,” Kevin Kelly, who has been staying next door for six months, said. “We see him every once in a while out on the balcony smoking a cigarette.”