House fire after water heater explodes

A house on M-40/Lincoln Road caught fire after a water heater exploded. (Courtesy ReportIt - March 15, 2014)
A house on M-40/Lincoln Road caught fire after a water heater exploded. (Courtesy ReportIt - March 15, 2014)

ALLEGAN TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) — A home northwest of Allegan went up in flames after a water heater exploded.

The fire broke out just after 10 p.m. Saturday in the 1900 block of M-40/Lincoln Road, near Allegan Dam Road in Allegan Township.

It took crews several hours to knock down the flames — firefighters were on the scene until 3 a.m. Sunday, dispatchers said.

Hamilton Fire Chief David Haverdink said a water heater exploded, causing the roof to collapse and sparking a fire.

He said the family had replaced the water heater Saturday.

No one was hurt.

WOOD TV8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s