Woman, son escape Ravenna house fire

Firefighters extinguish a fire in the 4100 block of Bossett Road in Ravenna. (March 20, 2014)
Firefighters extinguish a fire in the 4100 block of Bossett Road in Ravenna. (March 20, 2014)

RAVENNA, Mich. (WOOD) – A woman and her teenage son escaped a fire that sparked in their home’s attic Thursday morning.

Four fire departments were dispatched around 6:30 a.m. to the 4100 block of Bossett Road in Ravenna in Muskegon County. Firefighters arrived and noticed smoke coming from the roof.

Ravenna Fire Department officials told 24 Hour News 8 at the scene that an electrical problem is the cause.

The residents are renting the home.

WOOD TV8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s