GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) It’s time to bring our backyards back to beautiful and our front porches to pretty amazing with spring planting and landscaping! You can find a garden guru at Flowerland: Horticulturist Rick Vuyst. Here are his tips for 2014:
- Dirty thoughts – Look down, not up. You need to think about the soil.
- Treemendous reversal – people are trending toward planting trees again.
- Contain yourself – put your plants in pots now.
- Incredible edibles – pansies are edible and can tolerate frost.
Flowerland has three locations:
- 765 28th St. SW in Wyoming
- 2801 Alpine Ave. in Comstock Park
- 4321 28th St. SE in Kentwood