Bay Pointe Inn: Transformer started fire

Firefighters respond to a small electrical fire at Bay Pointe Inn in Shelbyville. (April 227, 2014)

SHELBYVILLE, Mich. (WOOD) — The Bay Pointe Inn says an early Sunday fire was caused by a transformer.

A Monday release from inn manager Meagan Freriks said a small electrical fire sparked in the early hours of Sunday at a transformer adjacent to the housekeeping department.

The hotel in Shelbyville near Gun Lake was evacuated and firefighters quickly put the flames out. No one was hurt, Bay Pointe Inn says.

Property damage was “minimal,” according to the release. Guest rooms and public spaces including dining facilities are still open “with no disruptions in quality or service.”

“We are thankful to the firemen of the surrounding areas and to our outstanding team for the safe and efficient emergency response,” the release said.

WOOD TV8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s