BATTLE CREEK, Mich. (WOOD) – The City of Battle Creek is telling some residents to boil their water before using it for consumption.
The advisory was issued after the city shut down a portion of its water system for improvements and repairs, according to a release.
The city said in the release that whenever pressure is reduced in the water system, it increases the potential for bacteria to taint the water, which generally isn’t harmful.
The area currently under this boil water advisory includes the following areas:
- Kellogg from Bedford to Broadway
- Taylor from Geneva to Sigel
- Morgan Avenue from Geiger to Cedar
- Mosher from Sigel to Broadway
- Broadway from Kellogg to Mosher
- Sigel from Kellogg to Mosher
- Geneva from Kellogg to Taylor
The city did not say how long the advisory was expected to be in place.
Check back with woodtv.com for updates.