Chlorine gas leak at Kzoo business

generic Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety Kalamazoo police

KALAMAZOO, Mich. (WOOD) — A hazmat team was called out to a Kalamazoo business after chlorine gas was released Wednesday.

It happened around 9:20 am. in the 1500 block of King Highway.

Workers accidentally punctured a cylinder, causing a chlorine gas to be released, according to the Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety.

There were several reports of people having trouble breathing after the gas was released. Four were taken to the hospital for evaluation.

The business was evacuated until the scene was determined to be safe.

WOOD TV8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s