GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — A West Michigan mother used the first aid skills she had learning only days before to help her son.
Tammy Schneider works for the Kent District Library, which recently trained all its staff in CPR and first aid using a company called ProTrainings. A few days after the training, one of Schneider’s sons began choking as he ate dinner.
She used abdominal thrusts — which she learned how to do in her training — to help him. He is OK.
==Above, Schneider and ProTrainings CEO Roy Shaw discuss her experience and how important CPR training is.==
Watch Schneider’s story via YouTube: