No major damage after church fire

generic Grand Rapids Fire Department GRFD

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — A power box at a Grand Rapids church sparked and caught fire Sunday morning.

The fire started at around 2:30 a.m. at Wood Brook Cathedral, located on Providence Street NE. Officials said the power box caught fire and started smoking.

Consumers Energy crews were called to the scene to turn off power to the building.

Services were canceled Sunday morning due to the fire, but there was no major damage to the church.


WOOD TV8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus