GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) Summer is heating up at the Grand Rapids Art Museum! The GRAM is pulling out all the stops for the sixth season of GRAM on the Green. It’s moving to Thursdays this year, from July 10 to August 14. There is live outdoor music, cash bar, food trucks, Zumba, sketching, and games. Admission is free! The events are a collaboration between the GRAM, Grand Rapids Parks and Recreation, and Downtown Grand Rapids Inc.
Throughout the evening, guests can also explore the museum galleries to see the exhibitions on view throughout the summer months: “Michigan Modern: Design That Shaped America” and “Michigan Artist Series: Tim Powers: Below the Surface.” General admission to GRAM’s galleries are free on Thursday nights from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Outdoor sketching and games is from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Zumba at Rosa Parks Circle is from 5:30 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. Live music takes place from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
2014 GRAM on the Green music lineup
- July 10 – Rick Chyme with opening act Punksuhate (hip hop)
- July 17 – Side Pocket (fusion and sophisticated R&B)
- July 24 – David Molinari (singer/songwriter, American, roots, pop)
- July 31 – Grupo Aye (salsa)
- August 7 – End Times Orchestra (a 6-piece outfit led by Corey Ruffin)
- August 14 – The Moxie Strings with Fritz McGirr (high-energy Celtic fusion)
The GRAM is also featuring a Father’s Day special. Fathers get a discounted admission price of $5 on Father’s Day, Sunday, June 15. Admission is free for fathers of GRAM members.