GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — People who donate to the Salvation Army of Kent County will have their gifts doubled through Christmas Eve.
A $40,000 matching gift has been made available by a group of community leaders, private donors, and members of The Salvation Army’s Grand Rapids Advisory Board.
For every $1 donated between Dec. 22 and Christmas Eve, the matching gift will provide an additional $1. The money allows The Salvation Army to provide inpatient treatment for substance abuse, residential summer camp programs for children, emergency food assistance for those who are hungry as well as other vital human services throughout the year.
The public can support the “Double your Donation” initiative through a variety of ways:
- At over 60 Red Kettle sites throughout Kent County
- Online at sakentcounty.org
- By phone at 616.459.3433 or 1-800-SAL-ARMY
- By sending financial gifts directly to The Salvation Army, 1215 Fulton Street East, Grand Rapids
- A $10 donation is also available by texting “SARMY” to 41444
The Advisory Board was inspired by the community support during the recent “Giving Tuesday” initiative which raised $75,000 in one day thanks to people who donated and a matching gift.
The Salvation Army of Kent County is hoping to raise $1.66 million through Jan. 31.
Online: Salvation Army