Family displaced after Wyoming house fire

Firefighters noticed flames coming from the basement when they arrived at the home on Noel Ave. SW in Wyoming. (Dec. 31, 2014)

WYOMING, Mich. (WOOD) — A family of five have been displaced following a house fire Wednesday morning.

When firefighters arrived at the home, located in the 2400 block of Noel in Wyoming, they could see fire coming from the basement.

Wyoming Fire Chief Dirk Ubbink said the fire appeared to have started in a dryer while the homeowner was doing laundry.

The homeowner said she was taking a shower when she noticed the house filling with smoke.

She immediately grabbed her children and ran out of the home, but most of their belongings were lost in the fire.

The home is not a total loss, but the family needs somewhere to stay for the time being.

Red Cross has been contacted and is working with the family to find them temporary housing.

WOOD TV8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s