GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) When you make the choice to get healthy and lose weight, there are good ways to do it, and there are some not-so-good ways to do it. WOTV 4 Women Wellness Expert Michele Fife says when you want to get healthy, it’s all about balance.
Tips for Finding Balance
- Eating the right foods at consistent times
- Adequate sleep and rest
- Exercise consistently and balance with rejuvenation
- Hydration during dry times/winter air
- Not creating deprivation situation
Eating healthy doesn’t have to mean cutting out the foods you love. If you like sweets, Michele has a great recipe for chia seed pudding.
Benefits of Chia Seeds
- Lots of nutrients, few calories
- Loaded with antioxidants
- Contain fiber and protein
- High in omega-3 fatty acids
- Lower risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes
Chia Seed Pudding
- 1/4 cup chia seed
- 1 cup almond milk (dark chocolate Silk)
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. cacao
- 1 Tbsp. cacao nibs (optional)
- 1 tsp. Maca root (optional)
Mix it all up and chill for at least two hours to set.
Meet Michele and get a great morning of exercise and tips to live a healthy lifestyle. The Love Out Loud Every Day event is on Valentine’s Day, Saturday, February 14 at Lole in East Grand Rapids. Come out from 8:45 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. It is free and open to the public.
Online: Michele Fife