Family of 4 escape Kent Co. house fire

Emergency crews respond to house fire on 21 Mile Road near Kent City. (Feb. 9, 2015)

SOLON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) — A family of four was able to escape a house fire in northern Kent County Monday morning.

The fire started just before 6 a.m. at a home in the 800-block of 21 Mile Road near Albrecht Avenue NE near Kent City.

When firefighters arrived on scene, they saw flames coming through the roof.

Officials on scene said the homeowner woke up and discovered the fire which had started where the chimney and roof met. The homeowner had installed a new wood stove the previous day which is suspected to have caused the fire.

The homeowner, his wife, two children and a dog all made it out safely.

The fire rekindled the next day around 5:15 a.m. but was knocked down a short time later.

WOOD TV8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s