COMSTOCK PARK, Mich. (WOOD) — The top ten finalists in the Whitecaps sixth annual food contest have been announced.
Last month, fans were asked to submit food ideas to be featured on the Fifth Third Ballpark’s menu this season. The list was narrowed down to ten choices from hundreds of ideas.
Fans will be able to vote for their favorite item starting Thursday. Voting ends March 6 at midnight and the winner will be announced later in March.
Below is a complete list of the 10 food contest finalists:
- Cheesy Does It — A hamburger on a cheese bun made with Wisconsin’s best cheese
- Weenie Panini — A panini with a hot dog inside
- French Fry Pizza Pie — The normal dough is replaced with French fries topped with pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni
- Beer-a-Misu — A scoop of tiramisu gelato topped off with local Michigan craft beers
- The Legend of Pickle Hollowed — A hot dog inside a hollowed out pickle on a stick which is deep fried
- Crispy Pig Chips — All the fixings of your favorite nachos, except the tortilla chips are replaced with pork rinds
- Hot-to-Tot — Tater tots with buffalo chicken and blue cheese
- Picnic On-A-Stick — Fried chicken, tater tots, and pickles are alternated on a stick before being deep fried in a cornbread batter
- Kat Dog — A piece of a Kit Kat inside a hot dog on a bun
- Cotton Candy Curveball — A twinkie at the center of a cotton candy stick
Previous winners of the contest were the Baco (a taco in a bacon shell), the Declaration of Indigestion (a giant Philly cheesesteak sandwich) and Chicks with Sticks (celery, carrots and hummus).
The Whitecaps home opener is Thursday, April 9 against the Dayton Dragons at 6:35 pm.
Season, group and individual game tickets are now on sale and can be purchased by visiting www.whitecapsbaseball.com, calling the Whitecaps front office at 616-784-4131, by or in person at the temporary administrative offices located at 5716 West River Drive NE in Belmont, at the White Pine Trail overpass (open Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
Mickey Graham, the Whitecaps Director of Marketing and Media Relations, brought in all of the food finalists for Daybreak. Watch his interview by clicking on the video player above.