Electrical fire at Grand Rapids Home for Veterans

Firefighters responded to an electrical at the veterans' facility in Grand Rapids. (March 9, 2015)

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — Firefighters responded to an electrical fire Monday at the Grand Rapids Home for Veterans.

The fire started in an electrical panel on the second floor of the facility located at 3000 Monroe Avenue NE in Grand Rapids.

The fire was put out before firefighters arrived at the scene.

Patients in that area have been moved to another part of the building.

There have been no reports of injuries.

WOOD TV8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s