GRAND RAPIDS, Mich (WOOD) — Spring has finally arrived, and the Arbor Day Foundation is encouraging you to use this opportunity to get outside with your children and make the most of the beautiful weather.
The Nature Explore program, a collaboration between the Arbor Day Foundation and the Dimensions Educational Research Program, is about developing a passion for the outdoors in the nation’s young people.
Aside from just getting the word out, Arbor Day also aims to immerse children in nature by starting and funding a number of initiatives, including:
- Designing outdoor classrooms for use in schools.
- Organizing workshops and conferences to discuss more ideas for connecting kids with the outdoors.
- Providing resources for families to inspire connections at home.
- Developing a sustainability network for schools to communicate and share ideas.
- Researching and testing ideas out in the real world.
Children have a natural curiosity about the world around them that is infectious and impossible to replicate. Don’t let the next generation of outdoor enthusiasts sit inside all spring!
The Arbor Day Foundation has numerous ways to get involved listed on their website, including donating, volunteering, planting trees and creating company partnerships.