GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) You don’t have to have a garden to enjoy some greenery in your space. A plain glass container can become the perfect place for plants you can enjoy indoors. A regular mug can also become a masterpiece. Goodwill of Greater Grand Rapids has so many treasures you can transform into the perfect DIY project.
DIY Goodwill Terrarium
- Gather glass bowl, vase or jar, cactus soil, small rocks and small succulent plants
- Place layer of small rocks on bottom
- Add small layer of soil, then small plants
- Continue filling terrarium with soil until level with your plants
Custom Painted Mug
- Use clean, light-colored oven safe mug
- Draw any design with a Sharpie
- Allow ink to air dry for 24 hours
- Place mug upright on center rack in cold oven
- Turn oven to 300F and bake 30 minutes
- Allow mug to cool in oven before removing
- Enjoy your one-of-a-kind mug!
- To have make your mugs dishwasher safe, use an oil based sharpie
- Let mug heat up and cool with the oven
- If you mess up, just use rubbing alcohol (hand sanitizer) to wipe off and try again!
Goodwill on Pinterest