LOWELL, Mich. (WOOD) — A man has died after an accident at a milling company in Lowell Saturday.
The accident happened at King Milling Company, located on South Broadway Street at around 11 a.m.
Authorities on scene told 24 Hour News 8 that the man was a contractor and was working to clean a grain silo when the accident happened. The man did not work for King Milling Company.
The contractor was up on a lift high into the air when the lift came in contact with electrical wires. The wires electrocuted the equipment and caught the lift on fire.
The contractor then fell from the lift to the ground and did not survive his injuries. Officials said it’s not clear if the man died from electrocution or from the fall.
The victim’s name is not being released until family has been notified.