Smoldering charcoal starts house fire in Walker

WALKER, Mich. (WOOD) — A Saturday house fire in Walker was caused by smoldering charcoal, authorities say.

The fire broke out at a home in the 4000 block of Shannon Street west of Kinney Avenue in Walker.

Fire officials say the fire was caused by smoldering charcoal that had been dumped into a garbage can near the side of the home on Friday and burned overnight, sparking a fire Saturday morning.

The fire was contained to the ceiling, attic and roof of the house.

No one was hurt.

WOOD TV8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s