Girl, 8, burned after mother pours gasoline on fire

HOMER, Mich. (WOOD) — The Calhoun County Sheriff’s Department and Child Protective Services are investigating after an 8-year-old girl was hospitalized with severe burns.

The incident happened  on Thursday around a fire pit at home in the 200 block of E Plain Street in the village of Homer.

Deputies say the girl’s mother poured gasoline on the fire which ignited a vapor trail in the yard and burned the girl’s lower body.

If anyone has any more information regarding the investigation is asked to call Calhoun County detectives at 269.781.0880.

WOOD TV8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s