SPARTA, Mich. (WOOD) — A large fire that started at a home in Sparta Tuesday morning spread to a neighboring home.
The fire started just before 7 a.m. Tuesday at a home in the 100 block of Anderson Street.
A teen who lives in that home told 24 Hour News 8 that the family dog woke them up and they were able to get out uninjured.
The fire also spread to a neighboring home.
The fire chief says everyone was able to make it out of both homes safely.
The teen believes the fire started in the garage, but wasn’t sure what sparked it.
Firefighters remained on scene as of 8 a.m. to put out hot spots.