GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) The freshest ingredients West Michigan has to offer will be the stars of a special event at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 24. The Fulton Street Farmers Market (FSFM) Fall Harvest Dinner is an extravagant family-style dinner prepared by chef and FSFM board member Matt Overdevest.
The Fall Harvest Dinner came from an idea by Overdevest, who wanted to celebrate West Michigan’s fantastic late summer and fall harvest. The dinner will take place at the FSFM, which will be decked out in festive décor. Menu options will feature meat, vegetarian, and vegan meals including:
- Whole Hog Pulled Pork with Maple Vinegar Sauce
- Aromatic Spiced Lamb Skewers
- Roasted Celery Root Filet with Apple, Onion and Shell Bean Relish
- Cider Braised Pumpkin and Lacinato Kale Gratin with Pumpkin Seeds
- Smashed Beets with Caramelized Honey and Toasted Spices
- Brussels Sprout Salad with Maitake Mushroom, Pickled Pears and Roasted Pear Vinaigrette
- Dessert: Cider Candy Apple and Hard Cider Apple Sauce
The dinner includes hard or soft cider pairing and live music. It takes place outside under the market roof, so dress accordingly. Tickets are available online. They are $85 per person, $25 of which goes to the FSFM Food Education Initiative.