KALAMAZOO, Mich. (WOOD) — Authorities have lifted a boil water advisory for homes and businesses along a stretch of Westnedge Avenue in Kalamazoo.
The advisory was lifted at 2:30 a.m. on Sunday. It affected residents and businesses on Westnedge between Parker Avenue and Pratt Road.
The water main break along Westnedge caused pressure to drop in the water system. As of Thursday evening, Kalamazoo city and county authorities had not yet confirmed whether the break led to any coliform bacteria in the water, but issued the advisory anyway as a precaution.