No injuries after Christmas Tree sparks fire in Ottawa Co. home

Dec. 30, 2015

PARK TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) — Firefighters say a Christmas Tree is to blame for an early-morning house fire in Ottawa County.

It happened just after 1:00 a.m. on Wednesday at a home on Riley Street in Park Township. Firefighters say the lights on the artificial tree were left on all day and heated up, causing the fire.

Authorities say one woman was in the home at the time of the fire and was woken up by smoke detectors. She made it out of the home and was not injured.

Authorities say there is significant smoke damage to the house.

Comments are closed.