Construction equipment sparks Wayland barn fire

Firefighters respond to a barn fire along 131st Avenue in Wayland. (Jan. 11, 2016)

WAYLAND, Mich. (WOOD)— Firefighters say a fire that damaged an Allegan County barn started with a piece of construction equipment.

It happened in the 100 block of 131st Avenue in Wayland just before 7:30 a.m. Monday.

Firefighters on the scene told 24 Hour News 8 a Bobcat was charging when it caught fire, which fueled the blaze.

Four fire departments responded. Crews contained the fire to the barn.

Firefighters said a few chickens may have died in the fire but there was “no great loss of animals.”

Comments are closed.