Woman gets 3 surprise visits from men wanting sex

Fake Ashley Madison account directed men to victim's Lowell home

Teresa Allen, Gwen Eddy
Left to right: Mug shots of Teresa Allen and Gwen Eddy.

LOWELL, Mich. (WOOD) — A Lowell woman was surprised by three men showing up at her home looking for sex, and now two other women are facing felonies because of it. The incidents started last November, police said, and may have been spurred by jealousy.

Investigators accuse Teresa Lynn Allen, 46, and Gwen Toni Eddy, 51, of setting up a fake page on the website Ashley Madison. Ashley Madison markets its site to married people looking to have extramarital affairs.

On three occasions between Nov. 13 and Dec. 8, 2015, different men showed up at the victim’s Lowell home seeking a sexual encounter, police said. Lowell Police Chief Steve Bukala said he was most struck by the last man’s visit. The victim wasn’t there, but her kids were. The man showed up carrying flowers and “other things” and said he was there have an encounter with the victim.

“I look at it from a parent point of view,” Bukala said. “You don’t know who’s on the other end of that keyboard.”

Investigators say they suspect the Ashley Madison page was made as an act of revenge. Police say Allen suspected her husband of having an affair with the victim, though both parties deny that. When the men started showing up, the victim immediately suspected Allen was part of it, Bukala told 24 Hour News 8.

Police say they linked the suspects to the IP addresses connected to the Ashley Madison account.

“It’s equivalent to a fingerprint at a crime scene,” Bukala said. “It’s that relevant.”

Police say they’re certain they have the right women charged in this case.

“Once the two suspects were confronted with this, all the behavior stopped,” Bulaka said.

When approached by a 24 Hour News 8 reporter at her home, Allen fled inside and declined comment. No one answered the door at Eddy’s home.

Allen and Eddy are both charged with unlawful posting of a message — a felony punishable by up to two years in prison and a $5,000 fine. It’s a serious punishment for what Bukala says is a serious offense.

Comments are closed.