GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) – For the past eight weeks, we’ve been covering stories from our Connecting with Community Awards finalists. Tuesday, May 31st at 7pm, those stories will be highlighted in our Connecting with Community Awards Special.
Here are the eight finalists:
- Elhart Automotive, Hope Bridge film, and the Mental Health Foundation of West Michigan – A collaborative partnership seeking to educate schools, businesses and community members about mental health and suicide.
- Family Promise – A collaborative to aid families facing homelessness. This involves temporary shelter and guidance to home ownership.
- Mind Meets Music – A music education program seeking to meet literacy needs in low performing elementary schools.
- The Manasseh Project – A collaboration between Wedgwood Christian Services and Crowned Free, a rehabilitation program for young girls overcoming their past of sex trafficking, as well as educational outreach for the community.
- New Destiny Pathways – A home for young women transitioning out of foster care.
- Kyler’s 3 B’s – A 5-year-old boy who started a stuffed animal drive for kids going through difficult situations.
- Grand Rapids Initiative for Leaders – A leadership training program for emerging high school civic-minded leaders.
- Kent County Girls On The Run – An afterschool physical recreation and educational program geared toward self-esteem and empowerment for elementary school girls.
The show will cover the winner of the Connecting With Community Awards, as well as the new Community Choice Award winner. Be sure to tune in to hear about all the wonderful ways these partnerships are working together to make our West Michigan community flourish.