Authorities: No injuries in fire at BC business

BATTLE CREEK, Mich. (WOOD) — Authorities say no one was injured after a fire at a business in Battle Creek.

The fire broke out around 11:35 p.m. at Graphic Packaging on East Fountain Street. Authorities say when crews arrived on-scene, flames were shooting through part of the roof.

Authorities say everyone made it out safely, and no firefighters were injured while battling the fire. The cause of the fire was deemed to be an oven overheating.

Authorities say crews battled the fire for nearly three hours due to the steel construction of the building, as well as the configuration of the building.

The fire caused $100,000 in damage to an oven, air blower, duct work and the roof.

Comments are closed.