Glass from broken light may have gotten into child’s burger

FILE - This Friday, March 21, 2014, file photo, shows a Wendy's restaurant in Providence, R.I. (AP Photo/Michael Dwyer, File)

SOUTHGATE, Mich. (AP) — A company that owns a Detroit-area fast food restaurant says glass from a broken light bulb may have gotten into a child’s burger.

WXYZ-TV reports a woman brought her 3-year-old daughter to a Wendy’s in Southgate on Monday and heard an unusual crunching sound when the child bit into the burger. Police were called and the girl was taken to a hospital.

According to a police report, a manager told officers that glass was broken in a back area where food is prepared.

Starboard Group, which owns the restaurant, said in a statement: “This is an extremely unfortunate accident and we quickly investigated.” The company said “it appears a light bulb may have broken during maintenance activity in the restaurant.”

The station says the child is recovering at home.

——

Information from: WXYZ-TV

Comments are closed.