GRAND HAVEN, Mich. (WOOD) — The annual Coast Guard Festival in Grand Haven begins Friday.
The theme of this year’s festival is “Into the Storm: 100 Years of Coast Guard Aviation.” The Coast Guard will honor the aviation aspect of its service with vintage painted U.S. Coast Guard helicopters and planes.
The 10-day Coast Guard Festival features a variety of entertainment from live bands to parades to the popular fireworks display which draws thousands of people each year.
As in previous years, people will also be able to tour the big ships for free. The ships are expected to sail into port around 1 p.m. Monday.
Other highlights include:
- Simon & Garfunkel tribute band: July 29 at 8 p.m.
- Kids Parade: July 30 at 10:30 a.m.
- Beach Boys tribute band: July 30 at 8 p.m.
- Car show: July 31 from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Kids Day: Aug. 2 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Senior Day: Aug. 3 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Matt Giraud: Aug. 4 at 8 p.m.
- Meijer Grand Parade: Aug. 6 at 11:45 a.m.
- Fireworks: Aug. 6 at dark
The Coast Guard Festival runs from July 29 through Aug. 7.