GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD)- October is Careers in Construction Month and with all of the great projects popping up all over West Michigan it’s important to know about the vast opportunities available in the growing trade.
- Construction is up in West Michigan and is expected to continue for the foreseeable future
- Construction is and will be the second fasted growing industry for the next 10 years trailing only Healthcare
- There are a wide range of good paying jobs in the construction industry
If you’re considering construction the Bureau of Labor and Statistics reports that the average annual income for all industries is $43,000 per year while the average for construction jobs if $44,500 per year. Across the nation there are 200,000 open jobs in this field and over the next two years in West Michigan all employment opportunities in West Michigan are expected to grow by 12 percent and the opportunities in construction are expected to grow nearly 24 percent.
If you’re considering a trade like construction and live here in West Michigan you can learn more from the Construction Workforce Development Alliance of West Michigan (CWDA).
What is the CWDA?
- An alliance by Associated Builders and Contractors West Michigan Chapter, Home Builders Association of Greater Grand Rapids, and American Subcontractors Association of Michigan.
- This group is looking to present the construction industry as a smart career option.
o Find your career at webuildmi.com
- The CWDA site detailing a wide range of job opportunities in the construction industry.
Don’t Miss the Fall Parade of Homes
October 7-22, 2016
Fridays & Saturdays | 1-8pm
Wednesdays | 5-8pm
Remodeled Homes | October 21-22
Friday, Saturday | 1-8pm
Parade of Homes Ticket Prices
Children Under 12
– Free Admission