GRAND RAPIDS, Mich (WOOD) – Ladies from across West Michigan stepped out for wine, chocolate and great conversation at the annual Wine Women and Chocolate event. The evening went to benefit the Women’s Resource Center in Grand Rapids. The goal of the Women’s Resource Center is economic independence for women, regardless of their current situation
- Approximately 600 women were served
- 594 women who were parenting a total of 512 children
- Ranged in age from 18 to more than 60 years old
- More than 50% were single parents
- 60% earned less than $15,000 per year – not a livable wage for a single person, much less for a family
- The first step is to attend one of our orientation sessions. Click here for the schedule. More details about the steps required to become a participant are found here.