GRAND RAPIDS, Mich (WOOD) – Grand Valley State University has some of the best and brightest people roaming around it’s campus. They have partnered with Start Garden for an exciting 5×5 competition coming up on March 23rd. Any GVSU faculty, staff, or student, preferably in collaboration with a community partner, may propose an initiative, research project, or idea for a chance to win $5,000.
The top 5 GVSU ideas, based on a public vote, will be pitched to a panel of 5 judges, for 5 minutes, with 5 presentation slides in efforts to win $5,000 in funding for the project.
- Might $5,000 help sustain your good work? Submissions for existing initiatives are welcome!
- You may request any amount up to $5,000.
- Win or lose, every idea has the opportunity to garner public support via online community voting or exposure at 5×5 Night.
- If your initiative is selected as one of the top 5, pitch coaching is available.
- This is a public event. The community, supporters, cheerleaders, partners, and anyone else with interest is welcome.
Submission deadline: Wednesday, March 16, 2016
Learn more about 5×5 event:
Date: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Location: L. William Seidman Center Charles W. Loosemore Forum
Win $5,000 to advance your idea! 5×5 is a collaboration between GVSU, Start Garden and the west Michigan community designed to publicly RECOGNIZE, RESOURCE, and REWARD innovative ideas, research, or engagement projects between GVSU and the surrounding community.