GRAND RAPIDS, Mich (WOOD) -Three friends, who aspire to make a difference in our community, came together in the spring of 2015 to launch a local chapter of the Greater Grand Rapids 100 Women Who Care. The concept is that this organization is an alliance of women streamlining fundraising for Kent County, Michigan based charities. They are volunteer facilitators who provide quarterly networking events to bring together Greater Grand Rapids caring, giving women and our hard working local charitable organizations for awareness, support and local impact.
2. Attend our quarterly meetings, listen, ask question and vote for your choice. If you are not able to attend, you may send your proxy vote with another member and send your funds with them or directly to the recipient for that quarter. We’ll provide an address of where it can be sent. Location will be confirmed on Facebook, our website and by membership email.
3. Listen to a five-minute presentation from three different charitable organizations
4. Actively ask questions of the charities presenting to qualify your voting preference during the 5 minute question and answer session
5. Vote for the charitable organization that moves you the most.
6. Please note, the majority rules, even if you don’t care for the choice, you still must donate. All checks go to one charity. This is the spirit of giving and the spirit of our chapter.
7. We encourage you to submit nominations for charitable organization of your choice for next meeting. All ballots will be placed in the GGR100WWC box and three will be randomly pulled and vetted for the next meeting. The names will be announced and later confirmed to all members in an email, social media and website. Only members can nominate a charitable organization.
8. The vetting process to be selected to present is the non-profit must have a physical presence (brick and mortar) in Kent County, must be in business for at least 12 months and the funds must remain in the Kent County area if awarded.