GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — Roaches, mice, dangerously cold food, old bandages, fingernail clippings, a rat tail. Nothing you’ll find on the menu at your favorite restaurant.
But that’s just some of what Target 8 discovered sorting through more than 10,000 inspection reports for Kent County restaurants.
- On Monday on 24 Hour News 8 at 6, Target 8 ranked the top 10 violators and found some surprising names, and raised questions about enforcement.
- Then, on 24 Hour News 8 at 11, we put the top violator’s buffet to the test. The frog legs were cold.
- On Tuesday, Target 8 found the top violator hiding behind an alias. We also asked how a rat tail got into a crab rangoon at a separate restaurant.
- On Wednesday: Rising from the roaches.
- On Thursday, Target 8 took a look at life after the closure of XO Asian Cuisine in downtown Grand Rapids. The Kent County Health Department director also said that our series exposed flaws that need fixing.
>>Inside woodtv.com: Dirty Dining