No one injured in Allegan garage fire

A garage fire at a home located at 212 Jackson Street on Wednesday, June 14, 2017.


ALLEGAN, Mich. (WOOD) — No one was injured in a garage fire in the city of Allegan on Wednesday.

Crews arrived around 2 p.m. to find a garage attached to a house, located at 212 Jackson Street, was fully engulfed in flames. Allegan fire chief says firefighters were able to put a fire stop in the house to stop it from spreading.

The owner was at the house and tried to put the fire out himself after calling 911. Everyone was able to make it out of the house safely, firefighters on scene told 24 Hour News 8.

Firefighters had to take precautions when battling the blaze due to a lot of consumer-grade fireworks inside the garage. Firefighters don’t believe the fireworks started the fire.

The garage was completely destroyed and the house suffered smoke damage.

It’s unknown at this time what caused the blaze.