KALAMAZOO, Mich. (WOOD) — Multiple streets in Kalamazoo have been closed due to flooding.
The roads closed as of Sunday include:
- Crosstown Parkway between Park Street to Portage Street
- Lake Street between Portage Street to Burdick Street
- Burdick Street between Stockbridge Avenue and Burr Oak Court
- Park Street between Crosstown Parkway and Forest Street
- Jasper Street between Crosstown Parkway and Walnut Street
- Dutton Street between Portage Street and Jasper Street
- Vine Street between Jasper Street and Portage Street
- Reed Court between Stockbridge Avenue and Reed Street
- Stockbridge between Burdick Street and Crosstown Parkway
- Rose Street from Forest Street to Wall Street
The Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety is advising motorists to avoid streets with visible flooding as it can be difficult to gauge water depth and to seek alternate routes of the closed intersections.
KDPS warned that if drivers ignore barricades around flooded areas and their cars stall out in deep water, the vehicles will be towed.