GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — Toys R US has announced the retailer will close hundreds of stores across the country, including six stores in Michigan.
Toys R Us declared Chapter 11 Bankruptcy back in September 2017. The retailer plans to shut down 20 percent of its Toys R Us and Babies R Us outlets, which is up to 182 stores.
In a letter to customers, Chairman and CEO Dave Brandon said the retailer expects most stores to close by mid-April.
According to court filings, the following six stores in Michigan are slated to close:
- Ann Arbor: 3725 Carpenter Road
- Ann Arbor: 3725 Washtenaw Avenue
- Grand Rapids: 4923 28th Street SE
- Lansing: 5900 W. Saginaw Highway
- Muskegon: 5363 Harvey Street
- Traverse City: 2626 Crossing Circle